Land Use Task Group
The land use task group’s responsibilities include the central campus as well as Luther’s Natural Areas. The task group advises the administration and natural lands manager on the central campus landscape and construction as well as implementation of the natural areas plan.
During the 2012-2013 year, the task group helped to revise the herbicide policy for central campus and advised on the Baker solar installation, and Towers drive renovation. During the coming year, the major focus will be on revisiting the central campus plan and setting sustainability goals for the next five years. The task group will also advise on the use of fire and other strategies on campus woodlands to deal with the surge of buckthorn seedlings following removal of the adults.
- Eric Baack, Biology Faculty
- Kate Elliott, Art Faculty
- Paul Frana, Grounds Crew Supervisor
- Perry Halse, Grounds Maintenance
- Kirk Larsen, Biology Faculty
- Molly McNicoll, Biology Faculty
- Deb Norland, Education Faculty
- Rich Tenneson, Director of Facilities Services
- Maren Stumme-Diers, Sustainable Foods Educator
- Diane Tacke, Vice President for Finance and Administration
- Dan Gibson, Student
- Sam Zook, Student
Contact Eric Baack (email@example.com) for more information on meeting times. The campus community is invited to attend task group meetings.
Past Meeting Notes