Greening Area Churches Internship
Position Start Date: June 1, 2013
Position End Date: July 31, 2013
Application Due Date: March 1, 2013, Applications reviewed as received
Number of Positions: 2
Work Expectations: 30 hrs/week for 8 weeks
Pay Rate: $7.25 per hour
This is a summer internship working under Luther College supervision to encourage and support churches in greening their congregations and churches. Some attention is also given to churches in the Mason City area, home of the Kinney-Lindstrom foundation.
- Working 30 hours per week; some evening and/or weekend work can be expected
- Following up and sustaining established contacts with Mason City area and Decorah area churches
- Assisting pastors and congregational leadership with greening projects identified by them
- Facilitating the Inter-Church Garden, staffed with church volunteers (harvest for Food Pantries)
- Enrollment at Luther College
- Some sustainability background
- Interest in churches
- Excellent social and communication skills
- Student is responsible for own transportation and housing; mileage will be reimbursed
To Apply, You Must:
- Submit to the Office of Human Resources, Main 25, by March 1, 2013.
- Complete the online common application on the Luther College sustainability web site
Direct all inquiries to:
Ruth R. Kath, Professor of German:email@example.com
Note: All interns must have current student status.