Position Title: Administrative Assistant (Full time, 40 hours per week, limited nights and weekends)
Position Overview: The Administrative Assistant is a critical member of the team—working behind the scenes to cultivate Fondy
Food Center’s historic and innovative programs by providing support to agency programs and directors.
Overall Responsibilities: The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, donor record maintenance and will perform routine functions such as drafting correspondence, scheduling appointments, organizing and maintaining paper and electronic files, and providing information to stakeholders.
The Administrative Assistant will also assist with the agency’s financial management, fundraising/development activities, programs, events, and communications.
Agency Overview: The Fondy Food Center is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that brings healthy food and economic opportunity to Greater Milwaukee by operating local farmers markets throughout the year; providing access to land, resources and support to small-scale farmers; and building a better food system to improve food security & food justice in our community.
Application Deadline: March 15, 2018
Position Starts: As soon as possible, with start date flexibility
Compensation: Commensurate with experience. This is a full time, hourly position with benefits.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Effective organization and time management skills, with attention to detail and ability to work independently.
- Proficient computer skills especially Microsoft Office applications.
Willingness to learn on the job and engage with unfamiliar systems.
- Familiarity with QuickBooks software.
- Experience with donor management software.
- Comfortable interfacing with website and social media development.
Fundraising experience, especially grant writing and donor cultivation.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Maintain accounts payable and accounts receivable systems.
- Operate and execute payroll.
- Assist with financial management, fundraising, and development.
- Inventory agency supplies and files.
- Manage agency phone and agency informational email account.
- Facilitate maintenance of agency technology (e.g. phones, computers, website, social media).
Assist in event planning and coordination (e.g. fundraisers, festivals).
To Apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and three references to Jennifer Casey at [email protected] Fondy Food Center is committed to diversity and inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer.