Green Iowa AmeriCorps operates through the University of Northern Iowa’s Center for Energy and Environmental Education (UNI CEEE) in Cedar Falls looking to recruit members and place members into service leadership roles in our Cedar Falls, Cedar Rapids, Des Moines and Fairfield locations. This unique grassroots program actively facilitates energy conservation efforts for residents throughout Iowa. As a member of our program you'll have the opportunity to work within a team while leading your own projects and gaining tons of valuable work experience. The impact and empowerment experienced as part of our program will be like no other!
- Audit/Weatherize Homes 2-4 days/week
- Facilitate environmental education programs 1-2 days/week
- Participate in community outreach projects 1-2 days/week centered around environmental stewardship activities, watershed initiatives, and home construction
- Assume one of the following team leadership roles: Logistics, Audit, Education, Marketing, and Outreach
- Create a professional development plan that takes you to conferences, trainings, and develops skills unique to your goals
- Collaborate with city officials, nonprofit organizations, and community leaders to create environmentally focused projects that serve the greatest needs in Iowa communities.
Member Duties: The Center for Energy and Environmental Education is looking to hire 10 full-time AmeriCorps members to work in pairs and serve as Sustainability Coordinators in five K-12 school districts throughout Iowa. Members will work with students and faculty to adopt energy-efficient practices, create energy and environmental learning opportunities, and establish collaborative, project-based initiatives centered around sustainability.
To learn more and apply, visit the Green Iowa AmeriCorps website.