Summer Sustainability Internships
The application deadline for Summer 2013 opportunities has passed. Please check back next year for 2014 opportunities.
There are several opportunities for current Luther students to work in sustainability-related fields at Luther over the summer. Below are links to job descriptions and application instructions for each of these opportunities.
How to Apply
- Download HR's Student Application 2013 form, fill out and submit to the Office of Human Resources, Main 25, by March 1, 2013.
- Fill out our online common application for all positions listed above. You can apply for one or all of these positions with this single application.
- Submit any additional paperwork required by the specific position. Any additional paperwork needed is listed in the "To apply, you must" section of the specific position page (linked above).
- Are you looking for a great way to get outside this summer? Do you love working with kids? The Luther College Environmental Studies Department is looking for summer interns to help teach our summer Discovery Camp programs.
- If variety is the spice of life, than this just might be the position for you! Help support a number of different Sustainability Outreach projects relating to Food, Wellness and the Environment!
- The Luther Gardens Program is seeking six summer gardeners. Are you interested in working outside while learning more about food production, seasonal extension, edible landscaping and community gardens?
- The Sustainability Office seeks two students to work on sustainable foods projects throughout the summer.
- We are seeking an enthusiastic Luther student with a strong interest in farming and food systems to serve as an intern with Patchwork Green Farm, River Root Farm and the Winneshiek County Farmer’s Market this Summer.
- Are you looking spend time outdoors in the prairies and woods on the Luther campus and want to gain job skills in natural areas stewardship? Come be a part of Luther’s Land Stewardship Team.
- Luther College Sustainability Office is looking for two students to do jobs related to campus recycling, composting, document destruction and redeemable items as needed in order to help reduce waste and pursue sustainability.
- Summer internship working under Luther College supervision to encourage and support churches in greening their congregations and churches. Some attention is also given to churches in the Mason City area, home of the Kinney-Lindstrom foundation.
- This is a summer internship working with Luther College Facilities Services on the production of biodiesel and other energy conservation measures.
- This internship offers the opportunity to work on a community lighting inventory and to work with businesses who are interested in transitioning towards LED lights. Additionally the intern will develop a strategic plan for more efficient lighting options at the city level.
- The Energy District is looking for an intern that is competent in web-development and has a high interest in renewable energy.
- This is a summer position working with the City of Decorah to implement sustainability projects.
- This is a summer position working with Decorah’s Green Business Council to support the efforts of the council while working closely with area businesses on sustainability initiatives.
- This program provides opportunity for Luther students to engage full-time in collaborative research projects with Luther faculty members during the two months of Luther's summer session (June/July).