Job Title: Food Hub Project Driver/Warehouse Assistant
Classification: Part Time
Reports to: Food Hub Operations Supervisor
Salary Level: Depends on experience
Location: Clermont, IA
Application Deadline: May 20, 2013
Basic function: The Driver/Warehouse Assistant is a primary driver for all Food Hub deliveries in the site’s service area. The position is for the summer of 2013 and is part of an ongoing Iowa State University Research Project. The Food Hub Project Driver/ Warehouse Assistant will assist the Food Hub project in the warehouse as directed when not performing driving duties.
- Under direction from the Operations Supervisor, deliver/pick up product to/from local farmers and local businesses
- Maintain transportation logs, pre-trip procedures, maintenance schedule, receipts, and invoices according to project policy.
- Accurately and consistently record all time plots, route discrepancies and route notes on the Driver's Manifest.
- Communicate with project leader immediately any changes and all incidents that may impact route appointment times or product delivered/picked up.
- Represent the Farmers and Food Hub Project in a friendly and professional manner in all dealings with the public.
- Assist with the loading and unloading of all vehicles (includes vehicles from other organizations).
- Disburse product in the warehouse (i.e. freezer, cooler, shopping line, etc.) at the direction of the project supervisor.
- Perform any other tasks or duties as they relate to branch operations and as directed by the project supervisor.
Supervision exercised: None.
Qualifications: Must have a valid Iowa Driver’s License. Ability to perform warehouse duties including the repeated lifting of 50 lbs.; Must have excellent customer service skills. Interest in local foods a plus.
Contacts: Farmers and restaurant owners
Working conditions: General warehouse environment and travel when picking up or distributing product.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.