Each year an environmental philosophy class undertakes group projects related to sustainability. In the past, research and ideas coming from these projects have led to actual changes at Luther.
Here you can learn about the Food related research projects:
- Edible Landscaping
- This proposal lead to the creation of two working gardens on campus. The landscapes provide a great opportunity for interested students to learn about local foods and how to keep a garden.
- Decorah Urban Gardens
- This is a is a volunteer community of gardeners working to improve life through the urban landscape, with a mission to promote gardening in urban communities.
- Farmer's Market on Campus
- Students worked to get a farmer's market onto campus.
- The Veg Yourself Pledge
- Pledge to eat vegetarian at least once a week until the end of the Spring 2012 semester. By focusing on the food groups we never eat enough of, yet are so good for our well-being, we hope this pledge will help establish healthy habits for you and the planet.
- Food Purchasing Guidelines
- Luther students are working to produce guidelines to be used by Luther when purchasing food to be served on campus.
Check out all the student projects here!