CSA Reimbursement Program
What is Community Supported Agriculture (CSA)?
For over 25 years, Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) has become a popular way for consumers to buy local, seasonal food directly from a farmer. Consumers pay an up-front cost, and in exchange receive weekly or biweekly boxes of produce for the entire summer. Some CSAs offer market shares where customers can pay up front and draw down an account at the local farmer's market. CSAs come in all shapes and sizes to accommodate the diverse needs of consumers.
Luther College CSA Reimbursement Program Info
Recognizing the importance of vegetable consumption as part of a healthy diet, Wellness, Sustainability and the Health Care Council are collaborating to offer up to 100 Luther College faculty and staff a 50% reimbursement (up to $100) on vegetable CSA shares. Sign up early! We anticipate these spots filling up quickly.
To be eligible for the reimbursement you simply need to take the following steps:
- Subscribe to the CSA of your choice and Pay In Full by May 1st
- Complete the CSA Program Registration Form by May 1st
- Participate in two food education experiences throughout the Summer
- A sign-up form will be sent to you after you complete the participation form
- Educational experiences may include things like:
- Cooking Classes
- Picking Strawberries at Wolds Farm
- Edible Landscape Tours
- Volunteering in the Food Pantry Plot at the Community Garden
- Harvesting/cleaning garlic at Patchwork Green Farm
- Visiting your CSA farm
- Touring Country View Dairy (Luther's supplier for yogurt)
- Touring WW Homestead Dairy (Luther's supplier for milk, cheese curds, butter, ice cream)
- Volunteering at the Harvest Festival at Seed Savers Exchange
- Participate in optional potlucks for CSA members throughout the Summer
- Submit your receipt, along with a completed Payment Voucher (account number to be filled in by the program coordinator) to Maren Stumme-Diers for reimbursement
- Reimbursements will be made on or before September 1st
This program is open to all current Luther College faculty and staff who are working .75 FTE or greater.
FAQs Answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about this program.