Growing Food Literacy
- The student farm assessment program works to connect Luther students with the farmers producing their food. Students meet producers and ask questions about production methods and farming techniques.
- Campus food committees are one way that Luther faculty, staff and students can engage in dialog about sustainable food.
- As an educational institution we value the pursuit of knowledge, idea sharing and opportunities for expanded horizons. To that end, we are beginning to offer more food-based educational opportunities for faculty, staff and students.
- What are Luther students researching about food?
- First-year students and their families are introduced to the college's sustainability ethic—and its great food—at the Luther Zero Waste Picnic during orientation in August.
- Take a break and join a walk to the Winneshiek County Farmer's Market!
- Learn more about Community Supported Agriculture and how Luther will help you get involved.
- The Luther Gardeners had a very successful 2012 growing season and were excited to share all they had accomplished. To do this they had events such as salad bowl days, basil giveaways, and a squash giveaway.
- The Local Foods Immersion Trip is designed to show incoming first-years the beauty of Decorah and the surrounding areas.