Green Office Certification
What is Green Office Certification?
Green office certification is a way for employees to get recognition for leading a sustainable lifestyle on campus on the job. There are three levels of certification each more rigorous than the previous.
How can I get my office green certified?
There are several steps to getting your office green certified. There are three cumulative levels; the office must become level 1 green certified before becoming level 2 and 3 certified. Once the office is level 1 green certified you may apply to become level 2 green certified and then level 3 green certified. Below are the guidelines for each level.
Note: Green Office Certification can be done on an individual or whole department/administrative office level. If you would like to pursue just an individual office certification complete the requirements below. If you are interested in pursuing whole department/administrative office certification you will provide us with the names and emails of your co-workers in the application form and we will send them an email inviting them to participate in the green office certification program. If 80% of the members of your department/administrative office participate then you will receive full green office certification.
Level 2: (all of level 1 and the following)
Level 3: (all of level 1 and 2 and the following)
- Complete and submit the Involvement Form
- Receive an Office Energy Visit from sustainability. To request a visit email email@example.com
- Submit the Level 3 Submittal Form
- Form to checkout a Kill A Watt meter. Watt meters can also be check out from the library circulation desk for a period of 2 weeks at a time.
- Instructions for using a Kill A Watt meter
Your application will be reviewed by the sustainability office and you will be contacted regarding the outcome. If your room is certified green, you will receive a sticker to display on the door of your room and more information about the process.
Current Green Certified Office Statistics:
If you would like to see the application form, but are not a part of the Luther community there is a PDF of the application available for your viewing. Please do not fill this form out and submit it.
If you have any questions/comments, contact:
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Maddie Ford Sustainability Student Worker
- Green Certified Office Application Form_PDF (165 KB PDF Document)PDF version of the Green Certified Office Application form for those who would like to view the application because they are not part of the Luther community network.