Read on to find out what's new and good in the Reason world...
A Few Formatting Notes
- Columns: We now have a way to support two columns on a page (see http://www.luther.edu/facultystaff/). If you would like something like this on your site, enter a web content request (info here).
- Callouts: If you need to emphasize something on your page, you can use a callout (see http://www.luther.edu/webmedia/guidelines/events/). If you have HTML access, you can use this tag: <div class="callout">Something to emphasize.</div>. If not, please enter a web content request. Use callouts sparingly!
- Assets: If you are attaching a document to your site, please use the PDF format as it is viewable on all computers (as opposed to Microsoft Office formats).
- Teaser Images for Publications: Make sure teaser images are at least 125 pixels wide, otherwise they won't show up!
- Web Guidelines: As we mentioned in the last newsletter, we have assembled a library of web guidelines for you! Please review here.
- Reason Video Tutorials: We've been busy this summer creating Reason video tutorials for you. These are great for a quick refresher on how to do a specific task in Reason.
- Article: Less is more when it comes to web content. Check out the article Communicate Clearly with Less Content to learn more.
- Upcoming Training Dates: 9/19, 9/24, 10/3, 10/8, 10/17, 10/22, 10/31. (Click on the date for details and to register.)
- NOTE: Remember that all Reason users must be trained by the Web Content team. Please do not share passwords as we lose the ability to track history accurately.
An Important Fix & An FYI
- You no longer have to sort new pages to have them show up (yay!).
- We have updated many page descriptions this summer. This is to optimize our click-through rate in the search results. General guidelines is that the description field should include no more than 156 characters and summarize the contents of your page. Here is an example of where the description text shows up:
New Version of Reason
We're pleased to announce the release of Reason CMS v4.4. We are currently testing it and plan to make it live soon. As part of the rollout of this new version, you will notice a new, easier-to-use editor. These updates will be covered in our upcoming Reason training sessions.