I want to tell you about some exciting happenings related to Reason and the Luther College website.
We are launching our new events calendar—today! Here's the scoop:
- All Reason events calendars will automatically feed a campus-wide calendar at www.luther.edu/events.
- If you don't want your calendar to feed into the campus-wide calendar, let us know, and we'll change a setting for you.
- You can prevent individual events from showing up on the campus-wide calendar by changing the "Sharing" field to "Private."
- Important: Please review the final Events Guidelines. (Note that the Location field will soon be a pick list to ensure consistency.)
- Equally Important: Remember to come back to events a few weeks before it is happening to see if additional info should be added.
- Phase 2 of this project will involve automatically moving events information from Reason to Google Calendar. (I know, so exciting, right?)
Web Content Guidelines
The Web Content team has been hard at work creating a number of guidelines for the Luther website. Please review and bookmark for easy access in the future.
The purpose of the guidelines is to ensure that our website is as consistent and user-friendly as possible. I encourage you to review them and let me know if you have questions.
LIS Website Migration
Another exciting project that is nearing its completion is moving the LIS website from Drupal to Reason. This is a huge effort that has been in the works for quite some time. In the next week or two, you will be able to see brand new Reason websites for LIS, Technology Help Desk, and the Library. The Archives will follow shortly thereafter.
An Important Fix & An FYI
For those of you who have noticed "unusual" contact info on emeriti entries on "Faculty and Staff" pages and some events, this is now resolved! We are no longer showing fields on these pages/events for which there is no data in the directory.
On a slightly related note, we are making an update to faculty and staff entries to remove all titles preceding the first name. This is primarily to make sure that all listings are consistent, but also follows a general trend on college websites.
Reason Conference Next Week
We are super pumped about hosting a small Reason Conference here on campus June 3 & 4. This is an event for the various institutions that use Reason as their content management system. This is where future features are born and prioritized. We're also hoping to crank out some video tutorials for you to use. Stay tuned!