Mindful Dorm Room Eating
Separate your eating from other activities such as studying or watching TV.
- Be mindful of why you are eating.
- Allow your brain to realize that you have eaten.
- Designate an area of your room for eating.
- Eat at regular times each day.
1. Buy snack items individually proportioned or portion them your-self
2. Keep nutritious snacks on hand.
- Fruit, granola bars, nuts, Greek yogurt, string cheese, triscuits, hummus, vegetables, trail mix, cottage cheese.
3. Drink water
- You are adequately hydrated when your urine is clear or the color of lemonade.
Easy Meals and Snacks
- Peanut butter or Nutella & sliced bananas on whole grain bread.
- Salad with feta cheese, dried cranberries, walnuts, and pre-packaged lettuce
- Cucumber sandwiches
- Yogurt smoothies
- Yogurt parfaits
- Mini pizza on English muffin
- Hummus with pita and carrots