Wellness Carshare Incentive
Luther College’s Wellness Office has created a new program making it easier for faculty and staff to walk, bike, or carpool to work more frequently. Signing up for this program gives you free access to UHaulCarShare cars to run any personal errands during the workday. Are there days when you would bike to work but don’t because of a doctor’s appointment in the middle of the day? Want to walk to work but don’t because of errands you need to run over the noon hour? With this program you now have the ability to do both!
By signing up, Wellness will pay the membership fee ($25 value) to join Luther’s UHaul CarShare program. Wellness will then pay UHaulCarShare usage fees ($9.25/hr value) for travel to and from personal appointments and errands during work hours if you walked, biked, or carpooled to work that day.
Some things to consider:
- The program is available to any faculty or staff member
- Use of vehicles is limited to working hours, depending on your typical work schedule. Default settings are between 8am - 5pm, Monday - Friday. Let us know if your work schedule is different when signing up.
- You can only use the vehicles for a maximum of 2 hours in any given day
- There is a $50 usage limit per month per member
- Individual drivers are responsible for any deductibles or fines associated with using the car (please refer to UHaulCarShare’s member handbook for details)
- This program is meant to encourage individuals walking, biking, and carpooling more frequently, not
How to Join and Get Started
Fill out the Wellness CarShare Program sign up form/survey.
In a couple of business days, if you are not currently a UHaulCarShare member, you will receive an email containing a link to become a member of UHaulCarShare through the "Luther College Student Lif" departmental account. If you are already a UHaulCarShare member, you will receive an email notifying that you have been added to the "Luther College Student Lif" departmental account.
Read the UHaul Car Share membership handbook so you are familiar the specifics of using the vehicles. Individual drivers, not Luther College Wellness Program, are responsible for the first $500 of loss or damage to the UHaul Car Share vehicles and fees assessed for 1.) cancellations made less than 3 hours prior to the start of your reservation, 2.) Parking fines, citations and towing, 3.) Late return and failure to return, 4.) Excess mileage, 5.) Failure to refuel, 6.) Smoking/Pets, 7.) Cleaning, and 8.) Lost key.
Start reserving at www.ucarshare.com and using vehicles (parked in the back of the Library parking lot) when you need to run an errand and walked, biked, or carpooled to work. When selecting the payment method while reserving a vehicle, make sure to select the "CORP 0008" account. This is the code for the "Luther College Student Lif" account.