A collaboration of services and departments on campus provides education, motivation, and guidance to maintain a healthy living environment.
These opportunities are made possible by an estate gift by the late Nena Amundson '56, who taught physical education and coached woman's athletics for more that 40 years, primarily at California Lutheran University in Thousand Oaks.
Stress Bingo- Join in and attempt to fill a whole bingo card. Download a card here.
Holiday Snack and Movie Night- Come enjoy a study break in the SOS (Student Organizational Suite) room on Friday December 12th from 8-9:30PM. Learn how to make healthy snacks for the holiday season and watch a movie.
Dr. Gaspar-Garcia- Friday December 12th at 12:15 in the Nobel Room, Gaspar-Garcia will be giving a wellness talk about health and well-being, including "The Smart Living" program.
Residence Hall Finals Snack Break- Sunday December 14th at 8PM residence halls will provide trail mix in their service centers as a healthy snack option during a study break.
Active Minds Study Break- Active Minds will sponsor a study break in Dahl Centennial Union on Monday December 15th, from 7-10PM. Cookies and hot drinks will be provided.
Wellness Wednesdays- SAC and Wellness have partnered together to sponsor Wellness Wednesdays where chair massages are offered in Dahl Centennial Union from 10:30-12:30. Dates for December are the 3rd, 10th, and 17th.
Tea Bar- Wellness provided a tea bar for the Christmas at Luther rehearsal performance on December 4th.
- Keep all car doors locked and windows closed while in or out of your car
- Set your alarm or use an anti-theft device
- If you must shop at night, park in a well-lit area
- Never leave your running car unoccupied with children inside
- Do not leave valuables in plain sight, in an unlocked car
Automated Teller Machine (ATM) Tips
- If you must use an ATM, choose one that is located inside a mall or well lit area
- Withdraw only the amount of cash needed
- Protect PIN by shielding the ATM keypad
- Do not throw away ATM receipt at the ATM location
- Shop during daylight hours whenever possible
- Avoid carrying large amount of cash
- Keep cash in front pocket
- Purchase with credit card or check whenever possible
- Notify the credit card company immediately if personal card is lost, stolen, or misused