Leadership Certificate Program
The Leadership Certificate Program
Students who want to work toward a Leadership Certificate will complete and document learning in four areas:
1. Organizational Leadership
- Serve for at least two semesters in a leadership role with one of the officially recognized student organizations, as an RA, or peer mentor
2. Service to Others
- Participate in a significant way (over at least two semesters) in a service project in association with a Luther College organization, in Decorah, in another area of the U.S., or in a global community
3. Leadership Skill Building and Education
- Participate in at least eight Leadership Skills Series events while a student at Luther
- Enroll in a course that examines, in part, leadership theories, models, and practices
4. Personal Development
- Develop a plan for his/her own individual learning goals associated with leadership and vocational discernment, and complete the learning activities over his/her time at Luther.
- Write a 3-5 page summary related to the three above areas, describing his/her leadership experiences and development. Complete a leadership portfolio and co-curricular activities transcript through the “Student Group Management System” in Student Activities.