Student Leadership Opportunities
Luther College has a higher calling—to help students connect faith with learning, freedom with responsibility, and life's work with service.
Luther has many leadership opportunities available. While there are many definitions of leadership, we believe strongly in two key principles:
- Any act of leadership should, by definition, include the element of service, either to the campus or broader world community;
- Any act of service is leadership.
How to Get Started with Your Leadership Journey
- The names and contact persons for organizations and opportunities can be obtained from the Student Activities Office, or the Student Life Office.
- Each fall, on the second day of classes, the Student Activities Office hosts the Student Activities Fair, with scores of organizations presenting information and collecting contacts for new members. Get more details about these organizations and learn about what they offer.
- Check out our Launching Luther Leaders program. It's a great way to study leadership, develop your skills, and find meaningful ways to put them into practice.
- Dig it out yourself by asking around. Friends, upperclass students, posters, advisors, faculty, and staff are excellent resources. Surf the Luther web pages. Many of the groups have sites.
- Create an experience! Be yourself; identify a need; fill a void. Assume that you can do it!