At Luther, we try to prepare our students to serve in the world. One of the ways in which we do this is through helping students to become servant-leaders. Servant-leaders are persons who serve others and help them to reach their fullest potential. The concept of servant-leadership asserts that no act of service is without elements of leadership, and certainly no act of true leadership is without elements of service.
There are many ways for students to act as a servant-leader while here at Luther, including:
- Taking service learning classes, which use hands-on service to teach course objectives. Ask your advisor which courses are available for the current semester.
- Volunteering regularly off campus. See our list of area volunteer opportunities for volunteer job descriptions and contact information.
- Participating in on-campus service events
- Joining a student service organization that regularly does service work
- A listing of volunteer opportunities and organizations (local, domestic, international) available to students and student organizations.
- Help us track all the good students are doing. If you volunteered on campus or in the Decorah community, submit your hours using this form.
- Do you have a need for volunteers? Please fill out this form to to announce a volunteer opportunity that is happening on campus or in the community.