Pioneer Yearbook Editor(s) and Assistant Editor(s)
The Student Activities Office is still accepting applications for student work for the writing, layout, design and publication of the 2013-2014 Pioneer Yearbook. The Editor(s) and Assistant Editor(s) must be in good academic standing (must have 2.50 GPA or better). It is preferred that these individuals have previous yearbook and or newspaper experience, but it is not necessary.
The change of officers will occur upon the completion of the current year’s book. Newly hired Editor(s) and Assistant Editor(s) will begin informal work on the next publication in May.
Applications are due on Friday, March 22, 2013. You can either fill out an online application or a paper application available in the Student Activities Council office.
Assistant Editor(s) Job Description
The Assistant Editor(s) has the specific responsibilities stated below:
- Recruits staff members
- Supervises photography (portraits) of students, staff, faculty and administration
- Assists the advisor in selecting the portrait photographer and publisher for the following year
- Assists the photographer (Photo Bureau) when necessary
- Approves publisher’s proof before printing
- Is responsible for completion of the Pioneer Yearbook soon after the school year ends
- Assists Editors with staff meetings
- Assists the Editor(s) in his/her responsibilities especially layout, cover, dedication, title page, table of contents, division pages and index