Inclement Weather & Emergency Contact Numbers
Inclement Weather and Last Minute Changes Policy
The go/no go decision for bus transportation provided by a bus charter company rests with the charter company and depends upon their company policy. The go/no go decision for transportation provided by a college-owned vehicle will be made jointly by the driver, Facilities Services, and Student Life. As a rule of thumb, if there is a "Travel Not Advised" section of the route on the state's DOT website we will cancel or delay the shuttle.
Passengers will be notified of any last minute changes in the shuttle schedule via the e-mail address provided in their reservation. If passengers do not have access to email and the weather is questionable, they should call 563-387-2000 for the latest shuttle information.
If the driver encounters inclement weather while traveling to or from a destination, the decision as to whether or not to continue traveling will be determined by those mentioned above.
Links to road condition websites:
Day of Shuttle Emergency Contact Numbers
It is very important shuttles run on time, however, we realize circumstances come up where you may run 5 minutes late. If this is your scenario, or something similar, please call us so we can try to accommodate your needs. The following numbers should be used:
- First Option - Dan Bellrichard, Shuttle Coordinator: 563-419-5571 (cell)
- Second Option - Shuttle driver cell number
- Iowa Shuttle: Number of driver given in the reminder email sent to passengers
- MN and WI/IL Shuttles: Call Hawkeye Stages: 1-800-323-3368. If it is not during normal business hours you will get an answering machine. Select "option 1" so you can speak with a dispatcher and get your message to the driver.
- Third Option - Luther College Welcome Desk: 563-387-2000