Luther's Shuttle Service
The Luther College shuttle service is designed to provide efficient, low-cost transportation for students as they travel to and from the Minnesota, Illinois, Iowa, and Wisconsin areas for breaks.
Transportation will be provided by a Luther College or Hawkeye Stages bus. However, if too few students reserve seats, a Luther van will be used.
Click here to view the shuttle schedule in a Norse Calendar. You can easily add this calendar to your Norse Calendar by clicking "+ Google Calendar" in the bottom right-hand corner after following this link.
Purchasing a Seat
Reservation Cancellation & Refund Policy
Once a seat is reserved via the online form, your account will be billed the cost of the shuttle unless the shuttle(s) is already full. In order to keep pricing as low as possible, we have a strict no refund policy on all reservations. This policy is extended to ALL passengers without any exceptions.
Can I Cancel My Reservation?
You can cancel your reservation, however, you will not be eligible for a refund and you will not be able to use your reservation for a shuttle at another time.
Can I Transfer My Reservation to Another Student?
Yes, if you determine you won’t be riding the shuttle after reserving a seat you can transfer it to another student. This is your responsibility, however, and no assistance will be provided identifying a replacement or arranging financial reimbursement. Your student account will still be charged the cost of the shuttle so, if desired, you are responsible for arranging reimbursement from the student taking your seat.
Shuttle cost (one-way) billed to your account. Accounts will be billed one to two weeks after the actual shuttle takes place.
- Rochester Airport: $20
- Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport: $30
- Madison, WI: $30 - Dutch Mill Park N Ride - 46 Collins Court, 53716
- Rockford, IL: $40 - Clock Tower Resort - 7801 East State Street, 61108
- Chicago, IL (O'Hare Airport): $50 - Pick up/drop off is in the Bus/Shuttle Center, near Door 4
Central Iowa Shuttle
- Cedar Falls, IA: $20 - Wal-Mart Supercenter - 525 Brandilynn Blvd, 50613
- Williams, IA: $25 - Boondocks Travel Stop - 3065 220th Street, 50271
- Ames, IA: $30 - Kum & GoGas Station - 2108 Isaac Newton Drive, 50010
- Ankeny, IA: $35- Wal-Mart Supercenter - 1002 Se National Dr, 50021
Eastern Iowa Shuttle
- Cedar Rapids, IA: $20: Walmart Supercenter- 2645 Blairs Ferry Road NE, 52402
- Iowa City, IA: $25: Walmart Supercenter- 2801 Commerce Drive, 52241
- Davenport, IA: $30: Walmart Supercenter-3101 W Kimberly Rd, 52806
Inclement Weather and Last Minute Changes Policy
The go/no go decision for bus transportation provided by a bus charter company rests with the charter company and depends upon their company policy. The go/no go decision for transportation provided by a college-owned vehicle will be made jointly by the driver, Facilities Services, and Student Life. As a rule of thumb, if there is a "Travel Not Advised" section of the route on the state's DOT website we will cancel or delay the shuttle.
Passengers will be notified of any last minute changes in the shuttle schedule via the e-mail address provided in their reservation. If passengers do not have access to email and the weather is questionable, they should call 563-387-2000 for the latest shuttle information.
If the driver encounters inclement weather while traveling to or from a destination, the decision as to whether or not to continue traveling will be determined by those mentioned above.
Links to road condition websites:
Day of Shuttle Emergency Contact Numbers
It is very important shuttles run on time, however, we realize circumstances come up where you may run 5 minutes late. If this is your scenario, or something similar, please call us so we can try to accommodate your needs. The following numbers should be used:
- First Option - Dan Bellrichard, Shuttle Coordinator: 563-419-5571 (cell)
- Second Option - Shuttle driver cell number
- Iowa Shuttle: Number of driver given in the reminder email sent to passengers
- MN and WI/IL Shuttles: Call Hawkeye Stages: 1-800-323-3368. If it is not during normal business hours you will get an answering machine. Select "option 1" so you can speak with a dispatcher and get your message to the driver.
- Third Option - Luther College Welcome Desk: 563-387-2000
- Printable 2013-2014 Luther College Shuttle Schedule (388 KB PDF Document)Printable 2013-2014 Luther College Shuttle Schedule