Safety and Security
At Luther, we take quality of life seriously and do our collective best to ensure a safe and welcoming environment. The resources listed at left represent a collection of procedures and policies targeting campus safety.
In the event of emergency on campus, dial 2111 and/or 9-911. Numerous emergency phones are located in campus parking lots and at building entrances for use as needed.
The following on-campus extensions are provided for nonemergency situations. Use of these numbers will still provide a prompt response from the responsible agency and keep the 9-911 lines free for emergencies.
- Security Services . . . . . 2111
- Decorah Police . . . . . . .382-3667
- Campus Services . . . . . 1146 or 2111 (after hours)
- Health Services . . . . . . .1045
Note: To reach the above extensions while off campus, dial the area code and local prefix: (563) 387. For example: (563) 387-2111.
- Information regarding bringing a vehicle to campus.
- In case of emergencies Luther has guidelines and procedures that should be followed accordingly. Find out what plan of action you should take.
- Faculty and Staff in the Safety and Security Department