Miller Hall and Dieseth Hall comprise the Regents Towers (or just "The Towers" in student-speak), named for Frank Miller and John Dieseth, two former members of the Luther Board of Regents. Completed in the late 1960s, these eight-story residence halls are situated on a bluff overlooking the Oneota Valley and Upper Iowa River. Both halls will have been renovated prior to the start of fall 2012.
Miller and Dieseth are connected via Brunsdale Lounge, which contains a fireplace, social meeting space, and study lounge. Computer labs are located on both sides of Brunsdale Lounge in Miller and Dieseth Halls. The lounge is named for the Knute and Margaret Brunsdale family and their four sons, who attended Luther: C. Norman Brunsdale, class of 1913, G. Elmer Brunsdale, class of 1913, K. Edward Brunsdale, class of 1914, and Karl Brunsdale, attended 1914-1917. Miller and Dieseth primarily house sophomore and junior students.
Miller Hall was renovated during the summer of 2011 and Dieseth Hall during the summer of 2012.
- Heating and air conditioning upgrades
- Student rooms received new finishing details and movable furniture with beds that can be bunked or lofted with materials provided. Home-made lofts are not permitted.
- Two four-person suites with connecting doorway added on each floor
- New shower rooms on each floor
- Kitchenette or laundry located on each floor
- Elevator lobbies and corridor upgrades including new light fixtures, benches and other accents
- Four sound-proof music practice rooms
- Upgrades to computer labs, hall kitchens, social lounges, TV lounges and Brunsdale Lounge
. Click here to see the Miller Hall floor plan
Click here to see the Miller Hall suite floor plan
Click here to see the Miller Hall double room floor plan
Click here to see the Miller Hall corner room floor plan
Click here to see the Dieseth Hall floor plan
Click here to see the Dieseth Hall suite floor plan
Click here to see the Dieseth Hall double room floor plan
Click here to see the Dieseth Hall corner room floor plan