Completed in 1955 and named for Oscar L. Olson—third president of Luther College (1921 to 1932)—this hall was renovated in summer of 2004 to include suites for upperclassmen and three-person rooms for first-year students.
The hall contains an east wing and a west wing, which are connected by a large TV lounge on the first floor, the main social lounge on the second floor, and a large study lounge on the third floor.
Olson Hall three-person rooms are 14' x 16'
The following is provided for each student: twin bed, desk, desk chair, desk hutch, 3-drawer dresser, and a built-in closet.
Olson Hall four-person suites consist of two double-occupancy bedrooms separated by a common room. Each room measures 11' x 14'
The following is provided in the bedroom for each student: twin bed, desk, desk chair, desk hutch, 3-drawer dresser, and a built-in closet.
In the suite common room, the college provides two to three pieces of furniture that include a combination of couches, chairs, and end tables.