Diderikke Brandt Hall is named for Diderikke Brandt, wife of the first college pastor, Nils Brandt. The west wing opened in 1949, the east wing in 1958. Renovated in 2003, the east and west wing are connected by a social lounge on the first floor, the main study lounge on the second floor, and a study lounge on the third floor.
Brandt is one of the three designated residence halls for first-year students.
- Houses 355 students
- Two, three, or four-person rooms (the majority of rooms are three-person)
- All rooms have tile floors (you may bring carpet remnants or area rugs—no carpet tape or duct tape)
- New lofted beds and desks. Moveable furniture is available in some rooms. Bed rails are available upon request.
- Designated quiet floors
- Designated wellness floors
- Main study lounge, social lounge, and other additional study lounges throughout the building
- One CAT6 network connection per person in each room
- Wireless network coverage throughout the building
- Computer lab
- Two laundry rooms
- Kitchen including microwave, sink, stove, and refrigerator
- No smoking allowed anywhere in the hall
Brandt Hall rooms are furnished with a twin extra-long bed, desk, desk chair, dresser, and closet or wardrobe for each resident in the room.