The Luther College Publications Office produces the Luther Alumni Magazine and other print publications for various campus clients.
The publications office also maintains the all-college aspects of Luther's website, www.luther.edu, and coordinates the web presence of other college departments and offices.
In addition, the office plays a role in collegewide marketing, including advertising placement and maintenance of the college's graphic identity.
The following lists provide a more complete description of the publications office's responsibilities and services:
(Note: Visit www.luther.edu/publications/printprocedures/ for information on how to obtain publications office help with your print project.)
- Maintains standards for Luther's visual identity—the appropriate use of college logos—and the digital files of the various logos and marks
- Produces Luther Alumni Magazine—writes features, gathers news and photos, edits, does design and layout, arranges for printing
- Produces print publications for college clients—gathers copy and photos, edits copy, does design and layout, arranges for printing
- Provides artwork and copy for college advertising
- Designs logos consistent with Luther's visual identity for campus clients; uses logos in print collateral pieces (t-shirts, mugs, banners, medallions, etc.)
- Maintains files—digital artwork, physical files of actual pieces, and spreadsheet files of key data—of completed print projects
- Produces updated inserts for campus sign systems
- Maintains portions of Luther's website—does work in Reason CMS, writes and edits copy, finds and edits photos, etc.
- Trains and assists campus clients with web work in their portions of Luther's website
- Provides summary reports of website analytics