Girls Basketball: Border Battle Team Shootout
Sunday, July 27, 2014
Cost per team: $250
Roster limit: 10; additional members $5 each
The Luther College Girls Basketball Team Camp is designed to give high school teams from around the Midwest the opportunity to compete against each other in a controlled, competitive environment. Nearly all teams who attend camp use each game as preparation for the upcoming season.
[Amanda Bailey]Amanda Bailey, Camp Director
Luther College Women's Basketball Coach
- Named Head Coach March 24, 2011
- Prior to being named head coach she was Luther's top assistant for three years.
- 2005 Graduate of UW-Stevens Point.
- 2007 Masters degree from UW-Stevens Point in General Education.
- While playing for Stevens Point she was a two-time WBCA Kodak All-American.
- 2005 NCAA III National Player of the Year.
- Completed her career as the Pointers all-time leading scorer with 1,801 points.
- Three-times named first-team all-conference and twice was named WIAC Player of the Year.
- Helped lead the Pointers to a record of 101-19 during her career and the 2002 NCAA III national championship and a fourth place finish in the national tournament in 2004.
- As a member of the Pointers track and field team, she was a four-time All-American in the shot put and once in the discus.
[David Foley]David Foley, Assistant Camp Director
Luther College Women's Assistant Basketball Coach
- Third year with Norse program.
- 2009 graduate of Hendrix College, Conway, Arkansas.
- 2012 Masters of Arts in Sport Administration, Central Michigan University.
- While at Central Michigan University served as a graduate assistant from 2010-12.
- Has worked numerous summer basketball camps in Dallas, Texas area from 2005-10 and while at Central Michigan University.
- Earned all-league recognition in both basketball and baseball at Hendrix College.
- Also serves as Dieseth Hall Director.
Each team is guaranteed 3 games, but may play 4
Games begin at 10:00 am and end in the early evening hours
Team Building Session
Led by Luther Women's Basketball players
Team Camp Features
- Quality officiating
- Free camp souvenir
- Scorers table responsibilities provided by the camp
- All games will be played in the same facility. No traveling from one game to the other.
- Full length courts with glass back boards
Every effort will be made to place your team in a pool where it can be competitive against a team you do not play during the regular season.
Luther College Sports Facilities
Regents Center indoor facilities include six tennis courts; a six-lane, 200-meter track; six full-sized basketball courts; 25-yard, eight-lane swimming pool; locker, training, and equipment rooms. The Legends Fitness for Life Center offers a strength and fitness facility with its own climbing wall. The outdoor facilities include 12 tennis courts, a cross country race course, fitness trails, and an all-weather track, which was installed in the fall of 2009.
For more information, please contact:
Coach Bailey—phone (563) 387-1584 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Coach Foley—phone (563) 387-1077 or e-mail email@example.com