Guidelines for Progression in the Nursing Major
- Satisfactory completion of an annual health examination
- A minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) at Luther College of 2.75
- No courses required for the major (nursing courses and correlative courses) have been repeated more than one time
- No more than two courses required for the major (nursing courses or correlative courses) have been repeated
- Satisfactory performance in all clinical experiences
- A grade of C is the minimum in any course required for the nursing major
Minimum requirements must be met to be considered for enrollment in nursing courses. However, meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee placement in the courses. Decisions affecting progression in the major will be made at the end of each semester.