Center for the Arts
The 60,000-square-foot Center for the Arts provides classrooms, studios, performance facilities, offices and other education spaces for the college's visual arts and theatre/dance departments. Features include:
- the Jewel Theatre, a 225-seat black-box theatre;
- a fully equipped scene shop;
- a large costume construction area;
- a spacious dressing/make-up room;
- two studio spaces;
- the Sunnyside Cafe; and,
- numerous comfortable lounge areas for students to study and gather.
In addition, there are several classroom and rehearsal spaces for theatre/dance, music, and the visual arts; a shared arts media laboratory; and offices and studios for faculty members in art and theatre/dance. The department’s special classrooms such as pottery, computer art, drawing/painting, photography and fiber arts add to the energy of the Center.