Worship at Luther
Worship is at the core of Luther's life as a community of faith and learning. Daily, there are opportunities on campus to participate in and lead worship services that will strengthen and nurture your faith, and also help you grow as you encounter a diverse and vibrant community of faith.
Rooted in a Lutheran Christian tradition where Word and Sacrament nourish our lives, we gather regularly to be reminded of who and whose we are. Whether in our chapel, the Center for Faith and Life—affectionately known as the CFL—or out on the library lawn for an outdoor worship service, we affirm with the apostle Paul that in Christ "there is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female" (Galatians 3:28).
Students play an active role in leading all our worship services. Whatever your faith background, you are invited to share your gifts in worship, both as a participant and as a leader. To sign up to volunteer at a service, see the individual page for that service, or fill out this general form.
- Sunday morning worship is help at 10 a.m. in the Center for Faith and Life. During the academic year, listen to worship live via AM 1240 KDEC radio.
- Built into the class schedule and rhythm of life at Luther College, weekday chapel is a time for the community to gather. Live streaming!
- FOCUS is Luther's student-led, Christian, non-denominational Sunday night worship service. Focus usually takes place in the CFL at 9 p.m. on Sunday nights.
- Soul Food is an opportunity to share in a contemplative communion service, usually held in the CFL Main Hall at 9:30 p.m. Wednesday nights.
- Mass is offered monthly on campus; at other times transportation is provided to St. Benedict's Catholic Church in Decorah.
- A traditional worship service of the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod with holy communion is held Saturdays at 5 p.m. in the Sundt Organ Room in Jenson Noble.
- College Ministries supports students of all faith traditions, offering a variety of interfaith opportunities.
- The Luther College Labyrinth is a traditional meditation tool set up occasionally for devotional use.
- A listing of Decorah area churches who have provided information to Luther College Ministries.