Worship at Luther
Worship is at the core of Luther's life as a community of faith and learning. Daily, there are opportunities on campus to participate in and lead worship services that will strengthen and nurture your faith, and also help you grow as you encounter a diverse and vibrant community of faith.
Rooted in a Lutheran Christian tradition where Word and Sacrament nourish our lives, we gather regularly to be reminded of who and whose we are. Whether in our chapel, the Center for Faith and Life--affectionately known as the CFL--or out on the library lawn for an outdoor worship service, we affirm with the apostle Paul that in Christ "there is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female" (Galatians 3:28).
Students play an active role in leading all our worship services. Whatever your faith background, you are invited to share your gifts in worship, both as a participant and as a leader. To sign up to volunteer at a service, see the individual page for that service, or fill out this general form.
- 10:00 a.m.
Center for Faith and Life Listen live through AM 1240 KDEC radio.
- Built into the class schedule and rhythm of life at Luther College, weekday chapel is a time for the community to gather. Live streaming!
- Wednesday at 9:30 pm
Center for Faith and Life
- Mass is offered monthly on campus; at other times transportation is provided to St. Benedict's Catholic Church in Decorah.
- Serving the needs of students of the Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod, a traditional worship service with holy communion is offered every Saturday at 5:00PM in the Sundt Organ Room, located in Jenson Noble Hall of Music.
- College Ministries supports students of all faith traditions, offering a variety of interfaith opportunities.
- The Luther College Labyrinth is a traditional meditation tool set up occasionally for devotional use.
- A listing of Decorah area churches who have provided information to Luther College Ministries.