- $978,200 U.S. Treasury Department, Section 1603 of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act
January 2012; Researched and supervised grant awarded to Luther College Wind Energy Project, LLC for Luther's wind turbine project.
- $225,000 Iowa Office of Energy Independence
Spring 2010; Co-authored successful funding request to support various energy efficiency and conservation projects on the Luther College campus.
- $750,000 U.S. Department of Energy, Wind and Hydro Program
February 2010; Co-authored successful federal earmark request for congressional appropriations. Funds awarded to Luther College for its “Integrated Renewable Energy and Campus Sustainability Initiative.”
- $500,000 Grant and $1,302,000 Guaranteed Loan. USDA Rural Energy for America Program
July 2009; Co-authored successful funding request from Luther College Wind Energy Project, LLC to support construction of a 1.6 MW wind turbine near the Luther campus.
- $45,000 Rocky Mountain Institute
Summer 2009; Authored successful funding request for a campus greenhouse gas reduction initiative focused on energy conservation at Luther College.