GoPrint is the print management solution being deployed by LIS in 2009. It allows us to more accurately track individual usage and allocate costs in providing print services on campus. GoPrint is part of our effort to help cut down on waste and encourage better management of printing resources.
Luther students are given an allowance of 400 pages ($20.00) of printing for Fall and Spring semesters and 100 pages ($5.00) for the J-Term semester. Printing is tracked by the student’s Norse Key. Students will be charged for printing only when their printing allowance is empty. Unused pages are not carried over from semester to semester.
As part of this change, students, faculty, and staff will now be able to print to network printers from personal computers on campus. Visit https://www.luther.edu/lis/goprint/ for information and client installs.
Double-sided printing is now available in the following spaces. In addition, when replacing new units we are planning on purchasing printers that permit double-sided printing.
- Library Main Floor Lab
- Valders 240 Lab
- Valders 377 GIS Lab
- Brandt Residence Hall Lab
Color printing is available in the Library Main Floor Lab.
Here are some tips on saving paper so that you won’t go over your semester printing limit:
- Read emails and articles on the computer instead of printing them out.
- Print double-sided whenever possible.
- Reuse. If you don’t need a printout any more, use the other side for rough drafts, handouts, or scratch paper.
- Print only what you need. Use the Print Preview feature to make sure that the first printout is correct.
- If assignments or forms can be submitted electronically, do that instead of in hard copy.