If a bomb threat is received by phone or written communication, call Security immediately, ext. 2111. If the threat is by telephone call:
1. Keep the caller on the line as long as possible, for example, by saying “I’m sorry, what did you say?”;
2. Identify and record the number from the phone display if available;
3. Record every word spoken by the person;
4. Gather as much information as possible, by asking, who is this?, where is the bomb placed?, when is it set to go off?, why are you doing this?, etc.;
5. After hanging up, call Security immediately, ext. 2111;
6. Fill out the Bomb Threat Checklist (the last page on the Emergency Procedures booklet pinned to the Circulation Desk bulletin board).