Following up on yesterday’s meeting and other mentions of Firefox add-ins, here are some links and other info:
- Spell checking — Firefox 2.0 has built in spell checking. It can be enabled by going to Tools > Options > Advanced > General where in the middle section labeled "Browsing" you’ll find an option named "Check my spelling as I type."
- Better Gmail — additional functionality for using Gmail. Version 2 supports the "new" interface. Version 1 supports the "old" interface.
- IE Tab — lets you open a link in an Internet Explorer tab from within Firefox. You can even program in certain addresses, such as tech.luther.edu, to always open in an IE tab. Very handy if you find yourself needing to open IE from time to time! Version 1.3.3
- Linkification — converts plaintext URLs and email addresses into clickable links! Version 1.3.3
- Web Developer — Adds a tool bar that lets you examine many properties of the webpage being viewed, including CSS, DIV tags, element info, etc. Version 1.1.4
- Zotero — "The next generation research tool" — allows you to save citations from the web, and clip and annotate portions of useful sites. Version 1.0.2