To: Luther College Faculty and Staff
From: Office of Human Resources
Date: April 1, 2013
Subject: Summer Hours and Holiday Schedule for Summer and Academic Year 2013-14
- Summer hours will begin on Monday, May 20, 2013
- Monday-Thursday: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (45 minute lunch breaks; total hours = 8.25)
- Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. (30 minute lunch break, and no morning or afternoon break; total hours = 7)
1. Each office must be staffed by at least one employee until 5:00 p.m. on Friday.
2. Breaks will not be scheduled at the end of the work day.
We will return to regular work hours (8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday - Friday) on Monday, August 20, 2012 (always the week prior to classes beginning).
Holiday Schedule—Summer and Academic Year
- Memorial Day: Monday, May 27, 2013
- Independence Day: Thursday, July 4, 2013
- Thanksgiving Day: Thursday, November 28, 2013
- Thanksgiving Holiday: Friday, November 29, 2013
- In Lieu of New Year's Eve: Monday, December 23, 2013*
- Christmas Eve Holiday: Tuesday, December 24, 2013
- Christmas Day: Wednesday, December 25, 2013
- New Year's Day: Wednesday, January 1, 2014
- Good Friday: Friday, April 18, 2014
- Memorial Day: Monday, May 26, 2014
- Personal Day: To be used from September 1, 2013 through August 31, 2014. (May not be split between days)
*The New Year's Eve holiday will be observed on Mon. Dec. 23 to allow employees more time with their families at Christmas.
**Please note that January Term classes begin Monday, January 6, 2014