This year we are utilizing an electronic approach for completing employee evaluations. The exempt and non-exempt performance evaluation forms are listed below. All evaluations should be completed and returned to Human Resources by Friday, June 21, 2013.
- Complete the performance evaluation form with Adobe Acrobat Reader or Microsoft Word (see directions) and print completed evaluation.
** If you use Adobe Acrobat Reader, you will not be able to save it so be sure to schedule enough time to complete a person in a single block of time. You should see a warning at the top left portion of the document that states you will not be able to save it. Adobe Acrobat Reader will let you select "save as"; however, the saved file will not have your typed data in it. It will only be the blank form.
- The employee self-assessment and planning worksheet is available in the same manner. This worksheet is a tool to help prepare for the employee's appraisal. Note that the worksheet should be returned to the supervisor prior to the review so that the employee's comments can be incorporated into the review process.
There are six factors to consider in evaluating an employee's performance. In evaluating these factors, expectations and results should be critically evaluated using specific examples instead of broad generalizations. However, if an employee's evaluation exceeds expectations or is below expectations, you must cite an example.
The sequence of events in this process should be as follows:
- Supervisor indicates return date of the self assessment and planning worksheet and distributes to employee by e-mail or hard copy. Return date should be prior to the evaluation date.
- The immediate supervisor completes and signs the performance evaluation form.
- The form is then reviewed with the employee; the employee signs the form and writes comments, if desired.
- The immediate supervisor forwards the signed performance evaluation form to their supervisor for review and signature. That supervisor will forward the evaluations to human resources.
- The evaluation is then returned to human resources.
All evaluations should be completed and returned to Human Resources by Friday, June 21, 2013.
As a reminder, performance evaluations are a critical tool in the relationship between you and your employee(s). A thorough and honest evaluation of your employee's performance is imperative.
- Non-exempt Performance Evaluation 2012-13 (86 KB PDF Document)Non-Exempt Performance Evaluation 2012-13
- Non-exempt Performance Evaluation 2012-13 (30 KB Word Document)Non-Exempt Performance Evaluation 2012-13
- Exempt Performance Evaluation 2012-13 (121 KB PDF Document)Exempt Performance Evaluation
- Exempt Performance Evaluation 2012-13 (32 KB Word Document)Exempt Performance Evaluation 2012-13
- Self-Assessment and Planning Worksheet 2012-13 (321 KB Rich Text Document)Self-Assessment and Planning Worksheet 2012-13