Introduction to VoiceThread.
Upon completion of this 1-on-1 training, you will be able to:
From VoiceThread®: “A VoiceThread® is a collaborative, multimedia slide show that holds images, documents, and videos and allows people to navigate pages and leave comments in 5 ways – using voice (with a mic or telephone), text, audio file, or video (via a webcam). With VoiceThread, group conversations are collected and shared in one place from anywhere in the world. All with no software to install.”
Login to VoiceThread
- Go to http://luther.voicethread.com/. Note: the first part of the URL is “luther”, not “www”.
- Click “Sign in or Register” in the top-right corner.
- Sign in using your Luther College Norse Key username and password.
- If you see an Account Merger screen, you’ll need to enter your previous
VoiceThread password. Successful merger of your accounts will result in the message shown below. This step only needs to be completed once.
- You’re now ready to begin using VoiceThread! If you’ll use this site often, you may want to bookmark it in your web browser.
Get Started Using VoiceThread
Atomic Learning is a provider of web-based software training videos and resources. Their tutorial series entitled VoiceThread Training consists of 45 individual short movies for a total play time of 1:08:13. You can review the entire series, or select the topics of most interest to you.
Note: When using your Luther account to login to VoiceThread, visit http://luther.voicethread.com; the first part of the URL is “luther”, not “www”.
Download the iOS App
Per their communications: The VoiceThread iOS app supports:
- Multi-sensory collaboration, mobile and touch driven
- Time shifted conversations that are more effective than live
- Capturing and sharing your presence, not just your comments
- Accessible from a computer web browser + iPhone/iPad/iPod touch
- Integrated authentication with LDAP, Active Directory, Shibboleth, Moodle SSO, built-in authentication and more
Once you’ve downloaded the iOS App, you’ll want to configure it to use Luther’s site by:
- On your iPad, go to Settings > VoiceThread
- Ensure Use Ed Network is OFF
- Select Custom Domain and enter luther
Review the Technology Help Desk web site
- For more related articles not listed here, go to http://lis.luther.edu, and use the Search LIS box in the upper right hand corner to search for “VoiceThread”
- For more articles on other topics, go to http://lis.luther.edu/learn/articles.