SPECIAL NOTE: KATIE WAS UPGRADED 2013SP. PLEASE ACCESS http://tinyurl.com/newkatieversion FOR MORE INFORMATION
Utilizing the KATIE Learning Management System (LMS) will enable instructors to interact with the students in their class online, anywhere, anytime. The KATIE LMS is located at http://katie.luther.edu.
KATIE stands for Knowledge And Technology In Education. Katie is also the name of Martin Luther’s wife, a former nun who followed Martin into the Reformation.
Upon completion of this 1-on-1 training, you will be able to:
- Get Started Using the LMS
- Adjust your LMS Course Settings
- Upload Files into your LMS Course
- Set up Activities for your LMS Course
- Run your LMS Course
Training intended to get you up and going on a new KATIE course site, or step through more advanced features, is located within KATIE itself.
Go to http://katie.luther.edu and log in as yourself.
The following tutorial courses have been developed on New KATIE (Spring 2013 and after):
The following tutorial courses were developed for Old KATIE (prior to Spring 2013)
- Forums and Social Tools
- Scheduling tools
- Getting the Most Out of KATIE
New KATIE Help
Once you login to KATIE, the top left block is labeled “NEW KATIE HELP” and includes the following items:
- New Katie FAQ
- Instructions for moving course materials from old katie to new katie
- See all visible courses
- Appointment Slots Info
Review the Help within KATIE
- On the right hand side of the screen, in the “MORSLE” block, click on Morsle Help
- On the top left side of the screen in the “NAVIGATION” block, click on Site pages > Katie FAQ.
Review the Technology Help Desk web site
- For more related articles not listed here, go to http://lis.luther.edu, and use the Search LIS box in the upper right hand corner to search for “KATIE”
- For more articles on other topics, go to http://lis.luther.edu/learn/articles.