User Services provides full repair for workstations and equipment that is owned by Luther College. Network printers and multi-function devices are handled through an agreement with Ricoh Corporation (formerly known as IKON Systems).
The Technology Help Desk will provide limited hardware and software re-installs for personally owned computers to Luther students, faculty, and staff. This is being provided as part of a pilot project to test the feasibility of offering more extensive services in the future.
Hardware Techs will be available on a floating schedule set at the start of Spring semester. The minimum turn around time for any repair is three (3) business days.
The Help Desk now provides the following services:
- Operating System Installation/Repair (Windows/Mac)
- In-depth troubleshooting of Operating Systems and Repairs
- Driver installation and troubleshooting
- Minor Hardware Repair, Upgrades, or Installs including:
- RAM or Memory chips
- Hard Drive install (including transfer of data)
- Network/Ethernet Cards
- CD/DVD Drives
- Provide advice to help in identifying proper hardware for upgrades or repairs
These services are offered free of charge. Users will be required to provide all necessary software or hardware (as defined by a Help Desk technician), provide any passwords required to access the computer, and sign a Liability Waiver.
The Help Desk will not:
- Install Luther software on any personal computer
- Visit dorms or private residences
- Work on printers or faxes
The Technology Help Desk reserves the right to refuse to work on any personal equipment.
Hardware Repair is available to Faculty and Staff of Luther College on Luther equipment.
Further Information or Assistance