Guest Network Registration - Quick Start Guide
Sponsored Guest Access
Guests who need longer term Internet access, or a full Internet connection may contact the LIS Technology Help Desk at 563-387-1000 or email@example.com to request a Guest Account. Computers connecting to the Luther network must have an Anti-Virus software with up-to-date definitions and the latest operating system patches.
- Connect to the LCWireless Network.
- Open a web browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, etc).
- Click Agree on the Network Usage Policy page.
- Click Login as a guest user under Guest Access.
- Enter your Email and the Password given you to by the Technology Help Desk.
- Click Login and Download Agent.
- Save the Agent to a location on your computer (ex: Desktop).
- Double-click the Agent to scan the computer. This may take several minutes.
Successful Scan: Reboot your computer to complete the registration. Mobile devices may have to turn Wireless off and then on again in order to properly access the network.
Failed Scan: Failed items will be listed and must be resolved before registration is complete. Repeat instructions to register again.
LCGuest Wireless Network
For guests who need quick access to limited Internet access. The following restrictions are in place:
- Connections will expire and must be reconnected every 2 hours
- Internet connections are limited to web traffic (port 80 and 443) only.
Please see https://www.luther.edu/helpdesk/guestwireless/ for more information on the LCGuest Wireless Network.