Health Care Links
Listed below are links to other health resources on the worldwide web which we have found to be useful and informative.
- 20 Years AIDS & Photography
Since 1981, photography has played a critical role in shaping public perception of AIDS. As a testament to the diversity and power of the medium in the face of the crisis, two dozen photographers, curators and industry experts have been asked to assess the changing impact of photography on AIDS — and AIDS on photography - - over that 20-year span.
- AIDS History
NIH researchers recall the early years of AIDS
Alcohol and Drugs
A resource for drug abuse, addiction, and treatment.
- Alcoholics Anonymous
A fellowship of men and women that help each other recover from alcoholism
- Children of Alcoholics
Education for young adults from alcoholic families
- Facts on Tap
Alcohol and your college experience
- Drug Help
Information and referral network
- Inter-Association Task Force on Alcohol and Other Substance Abuse Issues
Coalition of vital organizations who collaborate on issues relating to substance abuse prevention efforts within the higher education community
- National Clearinghouse for Alcohol and Drug Information
Drug and alcohol facts and prevention strategies
- National Institute on Drug Abuse
Part of NIH, with information on particular drugs
- Web of Addictions
Great site for all kinds of information about commonly abused substances. Also provides specific substance hotlines as well as symptoms of drug use to help identify possible abusers
- American Medical Assocation Health Information
Timely information on matters important to the health of America.
Sponsored by the U.S. Department of Health and Education, this is a great starting place for finding health related information. Provides links to useful websites on every health related topic you can imagine (including alternative medicine, international travel, mental health, etc.)
- Immunization Action Coalition
Promotes physician, community, and family awareness of, and responsibility for, appropriate immunization of all children and adults against all vaccine-preventable diseases
Tools for healthier lives
- Is is a Cold or the Flu?
From the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases/National Institutes of Health
- Centers for Disease Control
Contains the most up to date information on influenza, including questions and answers, and information on prevention and control.
- Freedom From Fear
Learn about anxiety and depressive illness.
- Internet Mental Health
An encyclopedia of mental health information
Resource committed to improving the mental health safety net provided to college students nationwide
Use this site to access a wide array of information about herbal medicines, their common uses and effects.
- Something Fishy
Resource for those with eating disorders
Resource dedicated to supporting the mental health and well being of individuals as they move through their personal transitions.
- Rape Abuse & Incest National Network (RAINN)
National Sexual Assault Hotline
- Go Ask Alice!
Have a question about sexuality, relationships, emotional health? Go to "Go Ask Alice." Chances are it's been asked, and Alice has answered it. Get advice on everything from relationships to sex. And, if your question is not shown, you can email anonymously and it will be answered.
- Planned Parenthood
Gives information on all types of contraception including emergency contraceptives ("morning after pills" or ECPs) as well as how they work, and how they are administered.
- Oral Sex Provides answers to questions and concerns you may have regarding oral sex, along with instructions on how to make it safe for you and your partner.
- American Social Health Organization
Information on STDs
- CDC National Prevention Information Network
National information on STDs, HIV and TB
- Evaluate your risk for STDs
Answers many questions related to STDs
- Skin Check
This site provides excellent information about one of the most preventable forms of cancer-melanoma. Detailed instructions about how to perform your own skin check and helpful illustrations of what to look for makes this site very helpful.
- Travelers' Health
Sponsored by the Centers for Disease Control, this site is a "must browse" if you are thinking about overseas travel. You can search by country or disease to determine what you need to be aware of when you go abroad (vaccines, disease outbreaks, and more)
- World Health Organization
Global focus on health
- National Women's Health Resource Center
Helping inform women about women's health topics
- Women In the Know Ortho-McNeil women's health site
- This is a video for women who want to learn more about an abnormal pap and colonoscopy. To refer women who have been told they need a colonoscopy and to calm their fears before the procedure. This video was made by the University of Arizona's Campus Health Service.