An art exhibit featuring works made by 15 Luther College art alumni will be on display Sept. 6-Oct. 13 in the Preus Library on the Luther campus.
The exhibit is open to the public with no charge for admission.
This year's alumni exhibition features works created by artists who have pieces currently in the Luther College Fine Arts Collection and also are celebrating reunions at this year's Homecoming. The show will include both 2-D and 3-D pieces, as well as video.
· Class of 1967, John D. Coiner
· Class of 1972, David Aurelius, Mary Deneen, Peder Hegland, Brian Martens, Lennis Moore, Paul Wilkie, Martha Winter
· Class of 1987, Elisabeth Maurland, Jon Shumway
· Class of 1992, Valerie Almquist
· Class of 1997, Hallie Evans and Nate Evans (Class of 1996)
· Class of 2002, Ben Moore
· Class of 2012, Astri Snodgrass
There will also be a video by 1987 alumnus Jon Shumway. "Upgrade: Cyborg Ascending
a Staircase" explores the concept of progress through the manipulation of the human. The piece can be viewed using a QR code on attendees' smart phones or at https://vimeo.com/28824218.
The show is being curated by Luther senior Alexis Hove, a Nordic studies and art major.
A national liberal arts college with an enrollment of 2,000, Luther offers an academic curriculum that leads to the Bachelor of Arts degree in more than 60 majors and pre-professional programs. For more information about Luther visit the college's website: http://www.luther.edu.