Luther recognizes donors of all levels with programs, donor lists, and events throughout the year.
Donor recognition programs include
- Luther Loyalty Society—consistent giving of 5 years or more to the Annual Fund
- President’s Council—all gifts of $1,500 or more to any fund (including Annual Fund). The President's Council First-Decade Society recognizes alumni from the 2004-2014 classes.
- Heritage Club—planned gifts
- Legacy Trust—endowed scholarship gifts of $25,000 or more
Donor lists for Luther Loyalty Society—based on the previous calendar year’s giving—are included in spring class agent letters each year.
President’s Council recognizes all gifts of $1,500 or more in a calendar year to any designation (and gifts of $750 or more for the First-Decade Society, alumni from the classes of 2004 to 2014). Planned gifts qualify donors for President’s Council membership for one year. Members are invited to the President's Council event each year. President's Council donors are recognized annually through the following levels:
- President's Executive Cabinet—$50,000 or more
- President's Associates—$25,000-$49,999
- President's Academy—$l0,000-$24,999
- President's Affiliates—$5,000-$9,999
- President's Society—$1,500-$4,999
- President's First-Decade Society (Classes of 2004-2014)—$750-$1,499
Life Membership in President’s Council honors those donors whose cumulative giving totals $100,000 or more. Select planned gifts also qualify donors for life membership. Life members are also invited to the President's Council event each year. Life members are recognized as members of the President’s Circle at the following levels:
- The Larsen Circle -$1,000,000 and over
- The Preus Circle—$500,000-$999,999
- The Olson Circle—$250,000-$499,999
- The Ylvisaker Circle—$100,000-$249,999
Heritage Club recognizes planned gifts to Luther College. Planned gifts qualify donors for President’s Council membership for one year, and select planned gifts may qualify donors for President's Council life membership.
Heritage Club Members are recognized annually during Commencement Weekend at the Heritage Club Dinner.
Legacy Trust recognizes donors who have established endowed scholarships with gifts of $25,000 or more. Legacy Trust scholarships are recognized with the following levels:
- Heritage Scholarship—$250,000 or more
- Founders Scholarship—$100,000
- Vision Scholarship—$50,000
- Legacy Scholarship—$25,000
Scholarship donors are invited to a Legacy Trust recognition event each year.