Viewing Your Aid Award and Required Documents
Continuing students are able to access their financial aid award and a list of required documents utilizing my.luther.edu.
- Financial aid award notifications are sent beginning May 10 for the following fall. Students will receive an email from the Financial Aid Office when their initial award is complete and for each revision made during the year. If an award is not received at that time, we may be missing forms needed to complete the award. Please review and submit the missing documents requested under Documents on my.luther.edu prior to contacting the Financial Aid Office. Awards will be completed through the summer as required forms are received.
How To Access an Award Letter
- Students are able to access their financial aid award through my.luther.edu using the FA Award Letter form to view the award. The Cost Estimate Worksheet (PDF) can be utilized along with the award to determine the cost of attending Luther College.
How To Decline a Student Loan
- To decline a loan that is appearing in the financial aid award, go to the Accept or Reject My Financial Aid Awards link on the Main Menu of my.luther.edu. The student is allowed to accept or reject their loans for each term.
How To Reduce a Student Loan
- To borrow less than the amount offered on the financial aid award, please email the Financial Aid Office at email@example.com with the loan amount desired for each term. The Financial Aid Office will adjust the award and send notification to the student of this revision.
How to Print an Award Letter
- The award letter can be printed directly from the Web browser.
How To Email an Award
- An award letter can be emailed by selecting the Send Link function from the Web browser. The recipient will be allowed to view the award without viewing other information on the student’s my.luther.edu page.
How To Notify Financial Aid of Changes
- The Department of Education requires that students report all sources of financial assistance being received to the Financial Aid Office. If the student is receiving any scholarships, grants, or educational loans that are not listed on the award letter, please contact the Financial Aid Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (800) 458-8437, ext. 1018.
How to View Required Documents
- Students can view a complete history of all documents received and requested by the Financial Aid Office in the Documents section on the student’s my.luther.edu page.