366 Advanced Teaching Methods: Secondary
Advanced study of secondary teaching methods for students seeking licensure in art, English, foreign language, Mathematics, science, and social science. Study of special methods used to teach the individual’s major subject area. Teaching methods and professional participation in one’s academic discipline will be covered, as well as inclusion of special education students in a regular classroom and applications of technology. Students spend a minimum of forty contact hours in cooperating school classrooms in addition to on-campus meetings. Must be taken prior to professional semester. Required for certification in art, English, foreign language, mathematics, science, and social sciences. Not required of health, physical education and music majors. The 2-credit option is only for secondary students with two majors and two corresponding licensure areas.
For students taking EDUC 366 in January 2013, please fill out the placement form.
- Junior Level Bio Sketch (133 KB PDF Document)Junior Level Bio Sketch
- Time Sheet (76 KB PDF Document)Keep a record of hours spent in the classroom
- Daily Journal (67 KB PDF Document)Used to record and reflect upon experiences in the classroom
- Professional Disposition (29 KB PDF Document)A Student Self-Evaluation
- Education 366 Evaluation (321 KB PDF Document)Evaluation of Education 352 Students