International Teaching Opportunities
Luther College faculty and staff have developed relationships with international school district partners. Education students at Luther have the opportunity to complete clinical experiences at these diverse schools.
Contact Helen Westcott (Koren 102, ext. 1548) with any questions.
About the Program
- Provides an authentic cultural experience
- Students work with the Luther Center for Global Learning to arrange details for studying abroad
- The focus of the trip is the teaching experience in international or area schools
- When free time allows, students are encouraged to take part in sightseeing and experience the local culture
- Overall GPA of 3.0+
- Previous demonstrated interest in international studies
- 3 letters of recommendation (one from a methods professor)
- $800 placement fee*
- Travel to/from the destination
- Incidentals: food, entertainment, personal expenses
*Students may apply for a Munson Scholarship to help defray program costs.
- October 1 prior to the year of your student teaching (some schools require additional direct application to the school).
International School Opportunities
Past Luther students have completed teaching practica in these locations. Destination locations vary from semester to semester.
- Singapore American School--http://www.sas.edu.sg/
- Hong Kong International School--http://www.hkis.edu.hk
- Seoul Foreign School--http://www.sfs.or.kr/
- Antwerp International School--http://www.ais-antwerp.be/
- Saigon South International School--http://www.ssischool.org/
- American School of Dubai--http://www.asdubai.org/
- American School of Bombay--http://www.asbindia.org/
- American School Foundation of Guadalajara--http://www.asfg.mx/
- Trondheim International School--http://www.this.no/
- International School of Brussels--http://www.isb.be/
Interested in Teaching Abroad after Graduating?