185/215 Clinical Experience I in the Schools
Student works as an observer-aide under a teacher in area school. Concentrated instruction in preparation for these duties plus seminars which accompany the experience. Students taking this course in January must complete application materials in the education department by October 1 of the previous semester. Available in the fall to transfer students and late deciders only. First-year students enroll in education 185 (first-year seminar) offered during January term. All other students enroll in education 215.
DCI Criminal History Background Check
Iowa schools are requiring all adults who work in their schools, in any capacity, to be able to prove that they have been screened by the Iowa Department of Criminal Investigation for any history of criminal behavior. This background check will need to be completed on a yearly basis (every January). Please see Erin Zidlicky, education department, to complete the form.
If you will be doing a classroom experience outside of the state of Iowa you will need to contact the school district where you will be in the classroom to complete the required background check for that district.
Luther College is not responsible for students who are denied access to agencies requiring proof of a background check prior to working with their children.
- ED 185/215 Handbook (209 KB PDF Document)2013JT
- ED 185/215 Highlights (9 KB PDF Document)Highlights for students 2013JT
- ED 185/215 Expectations (160 KB PDF Document)2013JT expectations
- ED 185/215 Orientation (9 KB PDF Document)Orientation days for 2013JT
- Education 185/215 Evaluation (49 KB Word Document)Used to evaluate 185/215 students
- Professional Disposition (29 KB PDF Document)A Student Self-Evaluation
- ED 185/215 Time Sheet (76 KB PDF Document)Time Sheet to document ED185/215 hours.
- Daily Journal (67 KB PDF Document)Used to record and reflect upon experiences in the classroom
- ED185 Exit Interview (47 KB Word Document)This form will be filled out upon completion of your EDUC 185 experience.
- ED 215 Exit Interview (124 KB Word Document)Form to fill out at the end of your EDUC 215 in-school experience.