185/215 Clinical Experience I in the Schools
Student works as an observer-aide under a teacher in area school. Concentrated instruction in preparation for these duties plus seminars which accompany the experience. Students taking this course in January must complete application materials in the education department by October 1 of the previous semester. Available in the fall to transfer students and late deciders only. First-year students enroll in education 185 (first-year seminar) offered during January term. All other students enroll in education 215.
DCI Criminal History Background Check
Iowa schools are requiring all adults who work in their schools, in any capacity, to be able to prove that they have been screened by the Iowa Department of Criminal Investigation for any history of criminal behavior. This background check will need to be completed on a yearly basis (every January).
If you will be doing a classroom experience outside of the state of Iowa you will need to contact the school district where you will be in the classroom to complete the required background check for that district.
Luther College is not responsible for students who are denied access to agencies requiring proof of a background check prior to working with their children.
Link to the 185/215 Evaluation (to be completed by cooperating teacher)
185/215 JTerm Evaluation
Link to Evaluation of your cooperating teacher: (to be completed by student)
JTerm Evaluation of Cooperating Teacher
- ED 185/215 Letter, Dec 2013 (209 KB PDF Document)Information Letter
- ED 185/215 Handbook, Dec 20, 2013 (41 KB Word Document)Handbook
- ED 185 Rubric for Final Pres Rev (18 KB Word Document)Rubric
- ED 185/215 Activity Log/Reflection Journal (16 KB Word Document)Journal
- ED 185/215 Time Sheet (73 KB Word Document)Time Sheet
- Professional Disposition (20 KB Word Document)A Student Self-Evaluation
- ED 185/215 Evaluation Form (48 KB Word Document)Used by cooperating teacher to evaluate 185/215 students
- ED 185 Exit Interview (50 KB Word Document)Student will fill out upon completion of ED 185
- ED 215 Exit Interview (140 KB Word Document)Student will fill out at the end of ED 215 in-school experience.