Why is Luther a great place to learn how to become a teacher?
- Luther’s teacher education program is accredited at both the state and national levels -- a status shared by only a few other colleges in Iowa.
- The job placement rate for graduates of Luther’s education program is very high (including a 94% employment rate in 2010, a year when the job market was particularly challenging across the nation for new teachers).
- Professors are readily available to meet with you on a one-to-one basis. Many students conduct independent projects and collaborative research with their professors as part of their teacher preparation experience.
- Luther has a strong advisory program for discerning career direction.
- You get out in the schools early in the program so you can make the campus-to-classroom connections right away.
- You have many options to study and practice teaching abroad (see “International Schools Teaching Opportunities” link). Some of our graduates choose to teach abroad after graduation (see Facebook: Luther College Education Department).
- Luther places the liberal arts at the core of your teacher education.
Whether you are a prospective student, a current student, or a teacher who works with our students, we hope you will be able to find the information you need and more. Be sure to check out our Facebook page.