Model and Plans
How We Work
A program model is a way of capturing, in a visual way, the many elements of a department's work and the ways in which these elements are connected to each other and to the mission and goals of the department.
The LDC's model is described below.
- Programming--LDC students & whole campus (e.g., welcome dinner, heritage month)
- Governance--College Council, Diversity Council, Student Senate
- Student Services--Advising, student group support, conference participation
- Faculty Support--Inclusive pedagogy as part of tenure & promotion
- Initiatives--Student Leader, Residence Life application process, J-term class
- Partnerships--Faculty and administrative department
- Outreach & Communications--Synergy, website, resources
- College Mission
- LDC Mission
- All students
- LDC students
- Campus and Decorah community
View more details about The Program Model.
In addition to the program model, the Center develops an annual theme which guides its programs and activities. The 2010-2011 theme is Be Courageous: Connect, Commit, Grow